0x800706BA RPC Server Unavailable
0x800706BA RPC server unavailable is an error that you may face in multiple applications. When the “Remote Procedure Call” connectivity between two devices fails, this error may appear.
To confirm if we have the RPC between two devices, we can run the following command:
Get-WmiObject Win32_ComputerSystem –ComputerName DestinationServer
The successful RPC connectivity result look like this:
If the RPC connectivity fails, the result will be as follows:
To troubleshoot the “0x800706BA RPC server unavailable” error, check the following:
- First of all, make sure the remote/destination device is up and running.
- Make sure the RPC service is running on remote/destination device.
- Check if you have any firewall in between both devices and required ports are open.
- Check If Windows Firewall is enable on either side, disable it and then try again.
- Make sure the antivirus is not blocking any traffic.
- Finally, Try to have connectivity by using the IP instead of the name to confirm it is not DNS issue.